Game: #027 – Nationals vs. Braves
Starting Pitchers: Luis Atilano (#56,2-0, 3.77) vs. Tommy Hanson (#48, 2-2, 2.83)]
Final Score: Nationals: 6, Braves: 7
Nats New Record: 14-13
Play of the Game: (while Maggie was there) Ian Desmond home run at the bottom of the 2nd; (heard on the radio) Josh Willingham with a 2 RBI single in the 8th to tie the game.
Who was there: Maggie
Our Records: Maggie – 2-4
Where did she sit: Section 409, Row A. If you’re in the upper gallery, it might almost be better to get a seat higher up, because despite the fact that the railings have transparent partitions, you have the railing itself to deal with in your sight line. I imagine row C and above won’t present this problem.
What did she eat: Ben’s Chili Bowl half smoke with chili and cheese (a little spicy, and definitely sloppy, but OH so delicious), and a churro (which seemed only appropriate on Cinco de Mayo)
President’s Race: Teddy doesn’t race – instead, he hangs out near the finish line wearing a sombrero, then tackles Abe and Tom, allowing George to win.
- Pudge caught Nate McLouth stealing in the first inning – it was a beautiful throw, and McLouth had an amazing look of incredulity on his face as he realized he was not safe.
- The scoreboard continued to have problems – Atilano was labeled as having his MLB debut “today” during his first at-bat, and was given Roger Bernadina’s biographical information during his second at-bat. Leftover issues from yesterday evening?
- Atilano seemed to struggle today from the first innings. Thank goodness he had a good defense behind him. (BTW – he looks adorable in his glasses during the Nats-after-the-game show on MASN)
- Nyjer Morgan had two SOLID doubles to start the game. Great stuff
- One of the benefits of section 409 is being able to watch the organist do her work. One of the downsides is that it’s awfully buggy.
- Did one of the Braves spill their Gatorade in front of the dugout?